Forums

TopicHow do I setup my Netgear WiFi range extender?

• Mon 25th Jun 2018 - 10:34am

Hi there,

I want to know about wifi because i collect more info related to wifi. So please tell me, How do I setup my Netgear WiFi range extender?

Give me a better suggestion related to this topic.

Thank You

• Mon 25th Jun 2018 - 12:50pm

Power on your expander Then wait for the image of the power to turn green.

On your wireless computer, view and connect to NETGEAR_EXT (SSID) wireless networks. NETGEAR_EXT is the default name for your extender wireless network.

Tip: We are using Windows Wireless Utility in the above example. You can use any wireless network manager utility on any computer or tablet to find and connect to Extender wireless network.

Open a web browser window from the same computer and the browser should take you directly to Net-Screen Native Setup Guide.

Tip: You can access Extender settings again by connecting to Extender and typing www.mywifiext.net in your browser URL bar.

Gene will find the existing wireless network which is within its range. When the search is completed, a list of wireless networks will be displayed within the range. Choose the name of your existing wireless network that you want to extend, and click Continue.

If your existing wireless network has wireless security enabled, you will be asked to enter a passphrase.

Enter your router key or passphrase and click Continue.

If you do not see your wireless network, please check to ensure that your range extender is within the wireless range of your main network.

If your router supports 5 GHz band, then select 5 GHz wireless network of your existing router and click Continue.

Otherwise, select the option my router does not support the 5GHz band and click Continue.

Note: If the extension and router have failed to establish a wireless connection, check for the following:

- Check the wireless password / passphrase saved on the router.

- If the router is installed, try setting the extension in the same room.

- If the Mac Access Filter is enabled on the router, add the expansion's MAC address.

- Try to turn off all your devices and turn on to refresh the network.

After starting the connection with the expander router, if you want to change your extension's wireless settings, it will now indicate. If you want to leave the expander settings, click continue to finalize the setup process.

Note: If you want to modify the expansion's wireless settings, then uncheck the option to use the same security mode and password for the existing network.

Once you change the settings, click Continue to proceed.

After about 2 minutes, it displays the screen below. When this happens, your computer automatically disconnects from Extender wireless network.

Review the settings and make sure they are correct.

Then connect to the expansion network with your wireless computer or device.

After successfully connecting your wireless computer / device to your expander network, go back to the expander live screen and check the options that my wireless devices are connected to the Extender network.

If you see the page below, then your extension has now successfully installed. Click Finish to close the Setup page.

www mywifiext net | www mywifiext net setup | mywifiext net | www mywifiext net setup wizard

Please register or login to post forum replies